It's funny how life sometimes get's in the way of a workout. So often, we get so busy with work, the spouse, and being a taxi driver for the kids, we push aside our own health to tend to others needs. So here are a few tips to get you back on track, because without your health, everything else will not happen.
1. Remember why you started to workout, and think back on how you felt after you did your first round of P90X, ran your first mile, or powerwalked your way around the block. Tap into your memories of what motivated you in the first place, and write it down. Most importantly, keep that memo in front of you as a reminder.
2. Plan your work and work your plan. Setting up schedule will help you know what to do and when to do it. Be specific on the workout, like run 5 miles at 10:00 pace. A calendar is a must!
3. Sign up for an Event. Having a deadline, can be motivation to get off your butt. Knowing that you have a race on the calendar, means that you need to prepare. Besides, you will most likely be raising money for a good cause. Now go search for a 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon, Full Marathon, Swimming Race, Bike Tour, Triathalon, or an Ironman.
4. The sum is greater than the parts. Working out with a partner can help you stay accountable and continue on your regime that you set out to do. Invite others to workout with you for more fun and encouragement. Joining a group will keep you on track.
5. While having a certain goal, like losing 10 lbs, wear that size 6 dress, or run a 5K in 25 minutes is great. Writing your goal down and having a timeline, will improve your chances of success.
6. Sleep! It's amazing what enough rest does for your mind and body. With enough sleep you will perform better than you would without the ZZZZzzzzz's! So hit the sack, and get recharged!
Obstacles occur when you lose focus!
Please email me other suggestions!